News & Appearances
- An accomplished self advocate, I have advocated and directed the services that have supported me since I was introduced to adaptive communication in the second grade.
- I have advised autistic people and their support staff in progressive directions in communication, education, and general support.
- Public speaking on community education panels toward the understanding of autistic individuals and support for community integration.
- Public speaking at the Supported Life Conference (Sacramento, 2004). Topic: “The Real Story of Inclusion.” This forum addressed the realities of inclusion and guided professionals toward inclusive thinking and practices.
- April 2008- Public speaking at HOPE Technology School to an audience of teachers, students, staff, and family. I also advised in the formative stages on HOPE’s new college track inclusive high school program.
- January 2009- I ran the Rock 'n' Roll half marathon in Arizona. With the support of my family and friends, I raised $4,510 for Autism Speaks and completed the 13.1 mile run.